AN ALDI buyer has claimed her son discovered a starfish inside considered one of his cooked mussels.
Lucy Maguire was shocked when her son Teddy Woodfine confirmed her the ocean creature yesterday.
The eight-year-old from Basildon, Essex had been tucking into his £1.79 cooked Scottish mussels combined with garlic when he found the little addition inside.
A picture reveals the orange-tinged starfish mendacity subsequent to the darkish blue mussel shell.
The starfish is round half the dimensions of the delicacy’s outer shell and its 5 legs have all warped and curled underneath after being heated up.
Lucy, 27, initially thought Teddy was joking when he mentioned he discovered a starfish in his meals as simply weeks earlier she had found a crab inside her restaurant mussels.
One other picture reveals the sunshine inexperienced crab in a serviette that Lucy had pulled from her meals beforehand.
Lucy posted about her weird uncover on TikTok yesterday the place the clip has attracted over 9,000 views.
Viewers had combined reactions over the findings.
One mentioned: “I’m probably not positive what you anticipate to be sincere.”
Lucy replied: “Baring in thoughts they have been cooked earlier than being packaged. Lol, it’s simply one thing you don’t see every single day in your meals is it?”
One other wrote: “That’s completely regular and is actually thought of fortunate in case you discover it.”
A 3rd replied: “That’s precisely why I don’t eat lifeless stuff.”
A fourth commented: “Yummy.”
Talking right now, Lucy, who owns her personal cleansing enterprise, mentioned: “My son loves mussels, he’s obsessed and he’s solely eight.
“He ate all of them and the final one was shut.
“When he opened he shouted ‘mum I simply discovered a giant starfish in my mussel’.
“I believed he was joking to start with as a result of I’d simply discovered a crab in my mussels at a restaurant on fathers day.
I do know it occurs as a result of it’s meals.
“Truthfully it’s so dangerous, it’s disgusting.
“Fortunately he didn’t eat it. I used to be mortified, I used to be so shocked.”